Wednesday, June 09, 2010
Industrial Wind Turbines ...Not Green
The Trouble with Industrial Wind Turbines
- IWTs are not 'green'. (Spain's CO2 emissions are up 50% with its subsidized "green jobs" program.)
- IWTs do not create jobs. (2.2 jobs were destroyed for every so-called “green job” created in Spain.)
- "IWTs cause health problems for humans." (So says Dr. Robert McMurtry, Professor Emeritus in the Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry at The University of Western Ontario and special advisor to the Canadian Royal Commission on the Future of Health Care).
- IWTs slaughter birds, bats and wildlife. (Experts world-wide confirm they pose an ominous threat to endangered species.)
- IWTs are uneconomical. (They often result in over 200% increase in rates through subsidies as in feed-in-tariffs).
- IWTs negative impact on costs forces industry to relocate to other jurisdictions. (This further negatively impacts the net loss of jobs with some 'green' initiatives.)
- IWTs stir up a "toxic stew" in peoples' drinking water. This results from excavations to support their concrete footings when installed in Ontario's Great Lakes or other bodies of fresh water.)
With our compliments and permission to reproduce, without change, including the following:
Gary F. Patton, PattonAssociates.ca, People Development Coaches
Your use of this article is licensed under a Creative Commons 3.0 License.