Saturday, February 23, 2008

 

"The Shack"


Have you read an incredible book lately? One that makes you tingle? I just finished doing so. And I want to recommend The Shack to you ...unconditionally!

The Shack is a Christian book written by a Canadian Follower of Jesus.

Three of this book's many endorsements will tell you more, more concisely than I can. And they're from people with more influence to motivate you than I have:

"When the imagination of a writer and the passion of a theologian cross-fertilize the result is a novel on the order of The Shack. This book has the potential to do for our generation what John Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress did for his. It’s that good!"
-- Eugene Peterson, Professor Emeritus Of Spiritual Theology, Regent College, Vancouver, B.C.

"Finally! A guy-meets-god novel that has literary integrity and spiritual daring. The Shack cuts through the clichés of both religion and bad writing to reveal something compelling and beautiful about life’s integral dance with the divine. This story reads like a prayer—like the best kinds of prayer, filled with sweat and wonder and transparency and surprise. When I read it, I felt like I was fellowshipping with God. If you read one work of fiction this year, let this be it." -- Mike Morrell, Zoecarnate.com

"Don’t miss this! If there’s a better book out there capturing god’s engaging nature and his ability to crawl into our darkest nightmare with his love, light and healing, I’ve not seen it. For the most ardent believer or newest spiritual seeker, the shack is a must-read." -- Wayne Jacobsen, author of 'So You Don’t Want to Go to Church Anymore'

You'll find a short, neat comment from the author about how the book came about here. You'll enjoy what he says, I suspect.

Above I say that I recommend The Shack to you ...unconditionally! For some contrary opinions to many things shared by Young in his book, you can go here for the views of Toronto Blogger Tim Challies. He's a Calvinist who likes to review Christian books.

Now It's Your Turn!: Please share how you feel and what you think about what you've just read. For example: "Can we really have intimacy with God as the author and his endorsers suggest?" or "What great books have you read recently and why do you feel they are great?" (My 'Comment Section', in which you can share anonymously, will open to you when you click on "comments" immediately below this post. The “Word Verification Procedure” there before you can post is included to prevent spammers from spoiling your enjoyment of my site.)

Until next time, how can I help you? (You can contact me by clicking here. Also, you can contact me directly to be added to Patton Associates S-M-A-R-TBriefing™ Mailing List. Check out recent samples here.)

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?